Gregory L. Rosenblatt
I currently live in Toronto, Ontario, working as a Software Engineer.
My focus is more on general ideas than on specific technologies. Though, I do like to choose which technologies to work with, preferring well-designed languages, tools and 100% solutions. Unfortunately I have plenty of experience with poorly-designed technology.
I enjoy being managed well.
My approach to problem solving emphasizes tool-building and automation. This includes code generation, transformation and other language-oriented techniques. When solving mysteries, I understand and reason about code before jumping into a debugger.
I play Go/Weiqi/Baduk at the 5 dan level.
Notable personal projects
The following projects were the product of significant effort made as I grew up as a programmer.
This was my first serious attempt at a full programming language implementation. It features a scheme-like hygienic macro system based on syntactic closures.
It was put aside when I started working at Facebook.
a tile-based multiplayer game framework
Several amusing games were made with this. They are lost.
a 3D game programming system, including a GUI library
Tulip RetailToronto, ON
Software EngineerOctober 2013June 2014
Part of the founding team originally from Well.ca.
Worked on both retail platform and individual client projects.
- Re-design of data model and platform in terms of a service-oriented architecture
- Framework for building hypermedia APIs
- Data ingestion and processing library
- Continuous image import system
Software EngineerAugust 2012October 2013
Refactored and redesigned the warehouse management system
- Separation of WMS into an independent service providing a web API
- Design and performance analysis of alternative communication protocols
- Internal tools and automation for development and deployment
- Palo Alto, CA
Software EngineerJanuary 2011June 2012
Developed and maintained internal development tools and infrastructure
- Distributed continuous test run infrastructure
- Automatic test failure blame assignment and task creation
- Task management system
- Dev-server allocation and management system
- Real-time asynchronous job tier
Ellington Management GroupOld Greenwich, CT
Quantitative DeveloperMay 2006August 2009
Developed and maintained various modelling and trading systems.
- Distributed computing infrastructure
- Cross-language services and remote procedure call library
- Quantitative model implementations
- Real-time market data streaming and aggregation
- Automated trading and order management system
Rochester Institute of Technology19992004
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Concentration in Aerospace